Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thoughts

I lost another 600g this week. It isn't much, but it means there are less than 4kg to my goal weight.

I don't regret for a minute signing up for this round of the 12WBT, but I've been thinking about it and I don't think I'll be back for Round 2. I justified the once-off cost, but now I am almost at goal, I *know* what I need to know, I just need to keep putting it into practice.

Michelle has a great Lean and Strong program for those who aren't wanting to lose more weight, but rather to tone up; however, I don't think this is for me. Weight and strength training are like pulling teeth to me, ugh, I don't do it enough and I don't enjoy it when I do it! Plus my major goal, which will feel much bigger to me than just losing the weight, is to be able to run a half-marathon in August. So I need that cardio in there. Plus, the L&S program is more suited to someone who can go to the gym regularly, and that's just not me.

Who knows, I might be ready for it by the time Round 3 starts, or I might feel I'm doing okay with what I've learned and with following Michelle's books. One thing is for sure, I am excited to be going to Melbourne for the final party of THIS round!

(And just a little nervous. Me + large social events = eeek! Breaking out of the comfort zone ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment