Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

I hope you are all having a great long weekend, whether or not you celebrate Easter as a Christian festival, a pagan one, a chocolate one, or just enjoy five days off work.

I went for a run on Sunday morning and it was bliss. The dual-use path that I often run on down by the river, is usually quite busy - it was deserted! Plus there was a light mist on the water and a few sprinkles of rain. This could have been cold but I have 2km to run before I get to the river, so I was nicely warmed up by then.

I've done okay with food. Personally I think if I couldn't eat chocolate at Easter I'd be very sad!! But I haven't eaten much, and I've kept active. We stayed at the in-laws last night and were there all of today; let me just say my in-laws are very fond of carbs, although slightly less so since my father-in-law was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes ... That said, I managed to politely refuse dessert, decline the bread basket at dinner, and not go for seconds. The hardest part was not having any protein at breakfast, only a slice of toast. I've become accustomed to 'proper' brekkies and I was starving by lunch time!

Oh, and I did find a dress on Saturday. I walked ALL around the city and found nothing satisfactory, ugh, things are expensive, I know I said I wasn't shopping solely on price but I couldn't come to terms with spending $300 on a dress. Plus a lot of the size twelves were a little big (yay! never thought I'd say that) and the size tens a little tight. That was frustrating. We dropped in to Hillarys Boat Harbour to get the kids some ice cream, and I took a quick peek in a little boutique there. 15 minutes, two very helpful sales assistants and $100 later, and I actually have TWO dresses to choose from. This is why I hate shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment