Friday, August 26, 2011

Two days until my second half marathon

Only two days to go until I run in my second half marathon, in the Perth City to Surf. It's a tougher course than my first, lots of hills, and the sheer scale of the race is a little intimidating. With that in mind I don't think I'll beat my previous time of 2:05.34 - but I am excited because it's such a feel-good event simply because it's so huge! There's a really good atmosphere in runs like that.

Thankfully I don't have much time to be nervous!! I have to say my arms and legs are still sore from the weights workouts on Tuesday and Wednesday, maybe I should have left those until next week.

Once I'm done with this run, I won't be doing anything over 10km until the end of the year, as I'm focussing on strength in this round.

No comments:

Post a Comment