Saturday, February 19, 2011

I just f***ing did it

I ran 10 kilometres! I haven't done that since I was 16.

I didn't want to get up this morning. I have a training day for Phoenix today, so I'll have to be sitting around all day, and eating a buffet lunch - all the more reason to burn some calories. So I thought, I'll just go for half an hour. Then when I got out there, I couldn't get my legs to go very fast, so I thought, if I can't go fast, I'd better go FAR. I ran down to the river (which is a couple of kilometres), ran along the lovely flat dual-use path there, just kept running until I was 4.5 kilometres away from home, then turned around. I found the zone, where I can basically run forever at a steady pace, it's all in the head. I even managed to speed up a bit at the end! It took me about 70 minutes, which isn't too bad.

My previous best was about 6.5 kilometres, so this is a huge jump and I'm really proud. Plus almost 800 calories gone by 7.30am.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Georgie
    CONGRATULATIONS... I know how that first 10kms feels, you can't quite believe you've done it ... BUT YOU HAVE!!!
    It's awesome.
    I am so happy for you :)
    Hugs
    Bx

    ReplyDelete