Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mini-challenge



So one of the awesome Perth Crew members threw down the challenge - 4km in 20 minutes using intervals. I like a challenge, and I can argue that this kind of running is not incompatible with Lean & Strong - it builds strength!! I hopped on the treadmill at the gym today, I'd done my maths, figured 1 min at 10 / 1 min at 14 would do it. Of course, it doesn't work that way because of all the time spent changing speed. I worked this out after 2 and a half minutes when I hadn't gotten to 0.5km yet! I bumped up the intervals to 14.2/11.2. 11.2 is about the pace at which I can run a half-marathon so I figured it was manageable.

DONE!

Today was core day on the program and I didn't neglect that either, did an Abs Butts & Thighs class before the treadmill, with lots of planks and crunches.

I am sore, but I can do this. I AM doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment