The blogging challenge is here, on Kath's blog.
1. Describe yourself in 25 words or less. You can get straight to the point - or bring your creativity into play.
mum to three, being me
running half-marathons, now
lifting some weights too.
(in haiku form!)
2. What brings you to 12wbt? Getting fitter? Losing weight? (Gaining weight??) Are you first timer, a repeat offender??
This is my third round, I've lost most of the weight I want to lose - I was at goal but to be perfectly honest I put on a kilo and a bit since Round 2 ended. This round is mostly about getting stronger, physically and emotionally.
3. Why do you blog??
I suppose I like to kid myself I am interesting! I like writing, and online communication is a huge part of my life. My 'other' blog is about the creative 'domestic' stuff I get up to - but unfortunately I only seem to have time for updating one.
4. Who is your biggest inspiration in life and why (doesn't have to be weight loss)
I think my mum is pretty awesome. She had a career before children when that still wasn't really the done thing. Then she had and raised four children in a country on the other side of the world from her family and most of her friends. She breastfed us all to toddlerhood, again, in an era where this was not encouraged, giving us the best possible start to life. She has always believed in and campaigned for causes - not always the same ones as me, but always with a good heart and with compassion. And now that I have young children, she helps me out a lot because she remembers what it was like to raise children with no family support.
5. What things in life bring you the most joy?
I'm sure it's a cliche, but my children. A sunny spring day before it gets too hot (this time of year!). A good run. Hearing joyous news from friends (a friend had a baby boy this morning after losing a son last year soon after birth. She and baby are well and this news has made me smile all day).
6.What do you think your greatest challenge is going to be this round?
Being consistent. Consistently going into the weights area of the gym and learning/doing new exercises.
7. What are you most excited about 12wbt?
Pushing my boundaries and uncovering some muscles!
8. And what scares the pants off you?
Same as the previous question, haha.
9. Tell me - right now - today - how do you feel about exercise in no more than 10 words
Happy, grateful, tired.
10. Complete this sentence - in 12 weeks time - on the last day of 12wbt I am going to be feeling ____________________
stronger than I thought I was.