Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Life is good.

I'm feeling happy today.

Another person told me that it was my pictures and my journey that had convinced them to join 12WBT. I am doing this for me, not for others, but it is gratifying to be thought of as a success story. I know this program works and I love it, but I'd be just as happy if someone said they had started exercising or started eating healthier food - I want all my friends to be healthy and happy*.

I'm sitting here in new size eight work pants, which fit without being uncomfortable. In January this year, when I sat down in size 14 pants it was uncomfortable and tight. My body has changed THAT much, and it's not just about a size on a tag, it's about no longer being bloated and constantly uncomfortable, it's about no longer having a waist measurement that puts me at increased risk of heart disease and other health problems. It's about being able to move around and lift things, like my children, without pain because I have a stronger core. (Although "without pain" is not always the case, I worked my triceps yesterday and they are a little sore today! That's good pain though, not pain that indicates a malfunction within my body.)

It's nearly time to finish up for the day and head to the gym where I am going to smash my legs and even brave the Smith Machine for the first time (that big rack thingy so I can put more weight on my barbell squats without taking my head off).

Life is good.


* Just a note - this does not always mean thin. You can be thin, unhappy and unhealthy.

(So I wrote that and didn't have time to post it before going to the gym. At the gym, I actually asked one of the trainers how to use the Smith machine, because I couldn't work it out on my own. This is HUGE for me. Smashed the set workout and then walked home for my extra cardio, had to walk fast to make it in time for the live feed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment